WIRE FRAUD WARNING...
PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE BELOW BEFORE SENDING FUNDS:
Real Estate transactions are increasingly becoming a preferred target for fraudsters attempting to steal money. Their primary method is to email or call parties to a real estate transaction in which they pretend to be the Title Company or Real Estate Agent facilitating the sale or purchase. These emails/calls appear very authentic and buyers and sellers have fallen victim to fraudulent instructions to wire closing funds. It is critically important that all wire information be verified as a legitimate source before sending any funds. If you have any questions about this or other ways to protect yourself please contact us.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY WIRE FRAUD, HERE IS WHAT THE FBI RECOMMENDS THAT YOU DO AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE:
WHEN SPEAKING TO LAW ENFORCEMENT, THEY WILL WANT TO KNOW:
For more information, visit www.ic3.gov
- The name and address of your bank
- Your account number
- The name & address of the bank where funds were sent
- The beneficiary’s name
- The beneficiary’s account number
- The correspondent bank (if applicable)
- Dates and amounts transferred
- IP and/or e-mail address of the fraudulent e-mail